Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

grpaphic card replace problem

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1112be Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

replacing an installed graphic card (nvidia geforce GT530 2gb) by a more performing, results in bootup blockage;ie

"no signal" shown on monitor; checking the specs of the card manufacturor, the replacing card has a bios lecagy version

(i tried to install a Asus radeon rx550 4gddr5 - upon checking this one needs an uefi bios); then i repeated the replacement with an asus r7240-OC-4gbddr3-L type video card and according to the specs it complies with the legacy bios type; the result allways stays the same - the pc doesnot boot up anymore and no signal is given to the displayscreen.

My question is : what is the reason and which video card can i use as a better replacement for the GT530 on this desktop type.

Info of my desktop : [personal information removed], motherboard = IPISB-CH2, bios sw 7.12 version, os=win7, chipset intel H67, 10Gb DDR3 ram installed

c02854400.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

You need a 450 Watt PSU, then -650 will go well.

Bios is not compatible with anything else, nor does the chipset support it.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciated your answer -  my desktop has a 460w pow supp; what do you mean by "then -650 go well.

Reading the last sentence, can i be sure that non of the other graphic cards are suitable for my desktop configuration or will the nvidia 650 type will be working.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciated your answer -  my desktop has a 460w pow supp; what do you mean by "then -650 go well.

Reading the last sentence, can i be sure that non of the other graphic cards are suitable for my desktop configuration or will the nvidia 650 type will be working.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation