Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion h9-1110t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I shut down my system, powered it off and removed the power cord while on vacation but now the machine is stuck at the blue HP logo screen with "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" displayed. 

My keyboard (backlit model) and mouse do not light up.  I have verified that they are both good using a second system. 

I checked the button battery voltage (it's 3.2 volts) and have reseated the memory and video card. 

I removed all the memory and got the 5 long beeps.

With the memory installed I get no beeps it just sits at the HP screen. 

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jkg777 Welcome back from the vacation, looks like the desktop didn't appreciate you leaving it behind, lol...it's time we get it back in a good mood,

Here's a series of steps that should help resolve the issue for good, it's a bit lengthy, so please go through it one step at a time, we'll be here if you need us:

Step 1: Remove discs and devices

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any discs and USB devices.

3. Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

4. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives.

5. Leave only the mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, to determine which disc or device is causing the problem. If the issue is solved, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the Power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything, and then continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components.

Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.

After you have completed these steps, if the computer startup issue is resolved, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7), and then go to HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) to update all device drivers.

IF THE ISSUE PERSISTS, AND YOU NEED FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the steps.  I tried all of them and I was still unable to get the system to boot past the logo screen. So I got a replacement motherboard.

I put the system back together and it does boot, I hear the Windows startup sound, but I get no display when using the Radeon HD 7770 graphics card (ASUS manufacturer) that came with the system.  I don't even see the HP logo screen now at all.  I'm using the DVI output on it. I tried the HDMI port also, without success. This is the card that was working fine before I shut down the system.

I have verified that the cable and display work properly using both cables on another system.

I had an old NVIDIA GeForce 7600gt video card that I can get to work but at low resolution and I need to use the Radeon for graphics work that I do. 

I looked for new BIOS update using the HP Support Assistant and it shows no updates. 

alt-ctl-s shows:

Model #: h8-1110t
Product #: QC455AV#ABA
Software Build #: 12NA1MCW603#SABA#DABA
Service ID #: 020-312
PCBRAND: HP

The old board and new board both show assembly 623913-003 on the stickers.  But my original system was a H9-1110T not an H8-1110T as the new motherboard shows.

Did I get the wrong motherboard?  Or is there a way to make the graphics card work with the replacement motherboard?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@jkg777 If the AMD 7770 HD GPU was working and it isn't anymore, while an alternate GPU does, you seem to have done well identifying the issue, once its replaced, we should be able to fix the issue once and for all, also, when the device is repaired by HP the same motherboard is installed as the one shipped at factory, that said, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.