Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
omen 880 145no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer and for some reason i cant get any signal på my monitor with hdmi or display port. I can only get pictures on my monitor with vga and i am wonder why and how to fix that. I have tried different hdmi and display port cables and the strange thing is the hdmi cable worked like 5 min before on my old computer but not on this new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Silwing

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You need to press the Esc key while rebooting and once you get a text menu, choose the option to get into settings.

Once there, look at the UEFI video settings to see if there is one for the video jack being used.  It might be set to VGA only, or otherwise, have the HDMI or DP options disabled.

Also, check the On Screen Display (OSD) on the monitor to see if it allowing the use of all the input jacks.  It also might bet set to VGA only, or something like that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Silwing

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You need to press the Esc key while rebooting and once you get a text menu, choose the option to get into settings.

Once there, look at the UEFI video settings to see if there is one for the video jack being used.  It might be set to VGA only, or otherwise, have the HDMI or DP options disabled.

Also, check the On Screen Display (OSD) on the monitor to see if it allowing the use of all the input jacks.  It also might bet set to VGA only, or something like that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.