Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion20 b232 all in one

pavilion 20 b323 all in one 64 bits had windows 10.   My hard drive  pass both test in the  F 10 but  on boot up said no hard drive found.  What kind of  tool will I need to get the top off to replace the  SATA connectors ?    Thank you for any help BJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> My hard-drive pass both test in the  F10.

This means that the disk-drive has been "detected" by the motherboard, and that the *LIMITED* testing has shown that the disk-drive successfully can be "read" from, and "written" to.

> On boot up said no hard drive found.  

Really?  Is that the exact wording?  Or, is it something like "no bootable device" ?

The latter would suggest that the CONTENTS of the disk-drive, namely the "file-system" is messed-up.

Or, it would suggest that you should enter BIOS SETUP, and check the list of "bootable" devices, to ensure that the disk-drive is LISTED, and that it is listed as the FIRST entry on the list.

> What kind of  tool will I need to get the top off to replace the  SATA connectors ?  

See: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03598525

for the "Upgrading and Servicing Guide" for your hardware.

Basically, you put it "face-down" (preferably on a soft towel on a flat surface), and start removing some screws, first to remove the pedestal, and then to remove the back panel.

At this point, it would be best to purchase a new disk-drive, remove the current disk-drive, reinstall Windows onto the new disk-drive, and then use an external SATA-to-USB adapter to connect the current SATA drive as a USB device, and then copy all your personal files from "old" to "new" disk-drive.

If you try to reinstall Windows onto the current disk-drive, you risk "losing" all your Personal Files.  Don't try this!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

> My hard-drive pass both test in the  F10.

This means that the disk-drive has been "detected" by the motherboard, and that the *LIMITED* testing has shown that the disk-drive successfully can be "read" from, and "written" to.

> On boot up said no hard drive found.  

Really?  Is that the exact wording?  Or, is it something like "no bootable device" ?

The latter would suggest that the CONTENTS of the disk-drive, namely the "file-system" is messed-up.

Or, it would suggest that you should enter BIOS SETUP, and check the list of "bootable" devices, to ensure that the disk-drive is LISTED, and that it is listed as the FIRST entry on the list.

> What kind of  tool will I need to get the top off to replace the  SATA connectors ?  

See: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03598525

for the "Upgrading and Servicing Guide" for your hardware.

Basically, you put it "face-down" (preferably on a soft towel on a flat surface), and start removing some screws, first to remove the pedestal, and then to remove the back panel.

At this point, it would be best to purchase a new disk-drive, remove the current disk-drive, reinstall Windows onto the new disk-drive, and then use an external SATA-to-USB adapter to connect the current SATA drive as a USB device, and then copy all your personal files from "old" to "new" disk-drive.

If you try to reinstall Windows onto the current disk-drive, you risk "losing" all your Personal Files.  Don't try this!

HP Recommended
Thank you boot order uefi I disabled it legacy boot sources hard drive Santo cd/DVD and net work controller.Try to install Windows 10 from disk 2 partition listed .Disk 0. 500 mb system ,disk 0 931 gb 925.0 Gb primary message on both disk you can't installed Windows on mbr efi only got g p t disk . I also try change the AHCI to IDE thank you again oh the actual message was no boot disk or disk failure since. It pass the self test in bios I left out the failure
HP Recommended
Oh forgot this is a new hard drive my old one would not boot at all
HP Recommended
Thank you for the help. It fixed
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.