2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

how to stop my elitedesk mini from booting my elitedesk usdt on the same lan

Elitedesk 800 g1 mini and Elitedesk800 G1 usdt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I boot up my Elitedesk 800 G1 mini within a couple os seconds my second pc an Elitedesk 800G1 usdt also boots up .Both are on the same network switch and both run Windows7 64bit.Tried turning off auto reboot on power failure and remote connection,all to no avail,Before the mini, I had a Lenovo with the elitedesk usdt and no issues.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
7,680 7,645 324 681
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wake on LAN?

A Nod Is As Good As a Wink...
Lil_Boy_Blue

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No "Wake on Lan" option found in Bios of either machine .Disabled "Network Boot" option in Security on both but no effect.Finally reset "victim" usdt to Factory Default Settings in desperation.It worked.Both machines had been lease machines so assume Bios was tailored for a corporate network with a  fixed but hidden wake on lan "always on "setting which Factory Default reset disables.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation