Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-130ed desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I choose the wrong operating system Windows 8.1  because there was not Windows 10 there. Choose the closest one on this site  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-500-100-desktop-pc-series/5395585/model...

and now the pc does not boot.

I get first 6 beeps,   i tried windows key + B at startup then i hear 8 beeps, but the vga nor the hdmi screen gives a message or displays something. 

How do i recover the to the privious bios firmware? or should i buy a new mother-board?

Update.

When i remove the exernal ssd and the large Terra drive the windows seems to boot.

I tried with F10 to  get into the bios but no lluck,  also in windows 10 choosing , advanced -> uefi settings does not bring me to the bios, or i tried on the wrong ? vga connector, i have an simple graphic card vga / hdmi, but the motherboard does have also vga/hdmi connector. It might boot into bios but i dont see it.

Question how do put a bios firmware upgrade  to the original bios before i did the bios update for Windows 8.1

That bios i did flash was targeted for Windows 8.1 64 bit and that might disable the1 Terra support or the vga card support?

I want it back to the former bios, thereis no bios to find on internet for this model. 

Now when i reboot with all the external drives removed idont get 6 beeps, if put my 1 Terra SSD on the computer it beeps 6 times.

Could you help me 

Thanks in forward,

Saties

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Bara, hello Chiel,

Thank you for your assistant, i managed to solve the problem. I did look at other boot problems, there the system was stripped completly in order to show at least a bios screen. 

After the biios firmware flash, the settings were reset and the Graphic card in my computer caused the boot problems, i got 6 beeps.

So i removed the card, and removed all SATA drives, and then i managed to see the BIOS i had to activate,  "Check for secure startup Off" otherwise i could not install my graphic card. And after a while i got some SATA disk fail problem because of no reason,  proberbly the 2 Terrabyte Seagate is not good supported but in combination with my smaller SSD boot drive it does or should work. But after a while everything is back in the old situation.

Strange, if i set in the bios "Use intergrated graphic card onboard" when i even have an graphic card in the system, then the system beeps 6 times, and i am never able to get into the bios, so then i need to remove the graphic  card first and start all over again. 

But in then end all stuff the graphic card, and my sata drives works.

So startup sequence SATA drives first and then USB Satadrives otherwise it would boot from usb sticks or external usb ssd drive.

Well thanks for seeing my question. It is solved thanks to other post i did read.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Satiers

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Bara, hello Chiel,

Thank you for your assistant, i managed to solve the problem. I did look at other boot problems, there the system was stripped completly in order to show at least a bios screen. 

After the biios firmware flash, the settings were reset and the Graphic card in my computer caused the boot problems, i got 6 beeps.

So i removed the card, and removed all SATA drives, and then i managed to see the BIOS i had to activate,  "Check for secure startup Off" otherwise i could not install my graphic card. And after a while i got some SATA disk fail problem because of no reason,  proberbly the 2 Terrabyte Seagate is not good supported but in combination with my smaller SSD boot drive it does or should work. But after a while everything is back in the old situation.

Strange, if i set in the bios "Use intergrated graphic card onboard" when i even have an graphic card in the system, then the system beeps 6 times, and i am never able to get into the bios, so then i need to remove the graphic  card first and start all over again. 

But in then end all stuff the graphic card, and my sata drives works.

So startup sequence SATA drives first and then USB Satadrives otherwise it would boot from usb sticks or external usb ssd drive.

Well thanks for seeing my question. It is solved thanks to other post i did read.

HP Recommended

@Satiers

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.