Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 23-b000ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

On this HP AIO 23-b000ef I have a recent problem with ralink wifi card hidden with error 45 in dev manager (windows 10/64) . I clean dust plug/unplug ram and ralink then I try to upgrade bios.

After bios upgrading 8.17 Rev.A., incorrect boot and/or no screen.

The led hdd bling - even when the disk is not connected - and usb keyboard seem active when I press Numlock/maj/scrol lock. The power button pass from white to Orange blinking then orange  and the hdd led blink as normally.

No connector for external screen.

I try classic key to obtain setup or boot menu and I try - with no effect -  too recovery bios procedure with windows_key+B at start.

Have any suggestion to correct.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pxg

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pxg

Welcome to HP support community.

This looks like a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I think bios corruption.

I test bios recovery with two version of rom : 8.16 and 8.17.
I put them in flash key usb formatted fat32. I try to start with windows_key+B or CTRL+Home. The key blink, the power button blink orange. I have 8 long bips but bios is not recover. I also tried renaming LEE_81x.ROM as HPBIOS.ROM.

Need a jumper setting specific for this recovery ? Or this model have a different method for recovery ?
Have you a procedure for flashing the bios with external programmer via spi ?

Regards

HP Recommended

@pxg

This might require one on one interaction.

I request you to talk to HP support for further assistance.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally, I use a RaspBerry under RaspBian. With flashrom application , I save an image bricked eeprom then I flash with the file lee_817.rom. The machine restart .... I go to setup configuration.
In the ID page (item security) in the setup configuration I gave SN, Model, SKU. Il can find the missing data in the saved file.

I consider this problem as solved.

I admit that the solution is not orthodox but the purpose was to restart without excessive costs

Regards

HP Recommended

@pxg

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.