Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp all in one touch screen shut down and now just beeps on start up.. no screen

HP Recommended
HP 23 TouchSmart all-in-one 23 - 8024
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

okay so okay so I started my computer and everything was working fine I was working on a spreadsheet on Excel doing my bills and then I went online and started checking my email and all the sudden my computer turned off.. it's never done that before.. I don't know what was going on so I went to go restart it and no screen comes on I can hear the fan going and then it just starts beeping eight or nine times. the computer is still technically on I can feel the fan going I've tried to hold the button the power button down for 15 seconds I've tried Googling on YouTube and somebody said to remove the battery in the back of the unit for 5 to 10 minutes then put it back and see if that fix the issue which it didn't there's no way for me to boot anything because I can't see anything my screen is completely black it was just working two minutes ago does anybody else know how to fix this problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,271
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kristin0316,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the PC. I would suggest you try these steps here:

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

You may follow the steps suggested in these support documents for 

Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation