Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy curved 34-b000nd all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Who has the computer hp envy curved 34-b000nd all-in-one and has troubles to sign on with windows hello face recognition?

I am the owner of the hp envy curved 34-b000nd all-in-one.

I always update the computer with the latest windows and hp updates.

But since a week or three i can not sign in with te windows hello face recognition.

The pincode works fine as the password but not with the camera.

If i go to systems settings and then improve face recognition the camera wont work.

If i use skype the camera just works fine.

Does anyone of you experience perhaps the same problem please email me then or reply on this message.

best regards

Ed

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@edeheer,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

Turn off Fast Startup

Type power options in the Search box, and open Power Options
Select Choose what the power buttons do
Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
Uncheck the checkbox next to Fast Startup

Reinstall Windows Hello drivers

Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
Find your Windows Hello driver, right-click on it, and select Remove driver software…
Restart your computer
On the next startup, Windows 10 should automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it
Once Windows 10 installs the driver again, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved

Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter

Go to Search, type troubleshooting, and open Troubleshooting
Go to Hardware & sound section of the troubleshooter
Now, click on Hardware & devices
The troubleshooter will start, so wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions
If the troubleshooter found a problem with Windows Hello, it will automatically fix it
Restart your computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Step 1. Use the Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch the Run.

Step 2. Type “gpedit.msc” and then hit the Enter.

Step 3. Expand Computer Configuration and then go to Administrative Templates -> Windows Components –> Biometrics.

Step 4. Double-click it and then open the Allow the use of biometrics setting.

Step 5. Tick the Enabled option.

Step 6. Click the Apply and then OK.

Step 7. Apply the modification one more time to the Allow users to log on using biometrics setting.

Step 8. Restart your computer and let the modification take effect.

Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options
Step 1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

Step 2. Under the Accounts menu, select Sign-In.

Step 3. Locate Fingerprint or Facial Recognition options and click Remove under them.

Step 4. Choose Get Started and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to check whether this reset helps to troubleshoot unresponsive Windows Hello functionality.

If the issue still persists try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

You may refer to this support document for - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recognition

Let me know if this helps! 

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there.

Thank you for your response.

First i tried the solution to Turn off Fast Startup but there is no difference.

Then i tried to Reinstall Windows Hello drivers but that also make no difference.

Then i tried to Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter but i says no problems or the problem can not be resolved with this troubleshooter.

Then i tried to run the gpedit.msc but that is not standard installed on windows 10 home version.

So after some search on google i managed to activate the  gpedit.msc.

Start it but i don`t see the section Biometrics.

This is what i see.

Hp envy 34 all in one.jpg

So i can not enable or disable the biometrics.

Before i already tried the solution You may refer to this support document for - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recognition but there was also no solution.

The windows hello recognition stopped working 4 or 5 weeks ago after some updates from windows .

Not a version update but some small updates .

The problem is that when the face unlock does not work for once or two three times  and it says use pincode your not get suspicious about it.

But when the problems persist and you are already a few weeks further then it is impossible to find out witch windows update destroyed the windows hello function.

I need help

By the way i am not english but dutch so if i make some typ writing mistakes sorry about that.

Best regards

E de Heer

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, @edeheer,

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.         Download the RGB Camera firmware update tool from hp.com (sp81543.exe).  

2.         Run the firmware update tool on the PC connected to the monitor.  

3.         In Desktop mode, right-click on the Windows Menu (lower left corner of screen) and select Device Manager.  

4.         Expand Imaging Devices.  

5.         Right-click HP HD Camera (or similar device), and select Remove.  

6.         Reboot the PC. 

Then, Disable Windows Hello and the run the Hello setup again

1.         Select Settings > Account Sign-in Options > Face Recognition then click the Remove button.  

Select Settings > Account Sign-in Options > Windows Hello > Face, then click the Setup button.

Let me know the outcome!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

I did use the sp81543 and lost the camera complete and did not solve the problem. After some time i managed to restore the camera in the device manager.

I did found however a thread on the hp site from a man who has exactly the some issue as me.

couldn't turn on camera please sign in with your pin HP ENVY

And also a respond from someone with the same problem.

A friend of mine with the same computer as my is also experience the same problem as me since a mount now.

But it seems that there is no solution.

i am sure that the problem with windows hello is arise with a windows update.

It is naturally that i am not the only one with this problem.

dear regards

E de Heer

HP Recommended

@edeheer,

I recommend you try performing a reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a reset : HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear sir

That you recommend to perform a total reset on the computer is no solution.

First of all i did a total reset on my own computer 5 weeks ago and that destroyed my computer. HP did sent me then a usb stick with the operation system and created nothing else then errors. My computer is now for already 4 weeks in the repair shop by hp with no view of solution because they think that the ir camera is mail function and they have it not on stock. They say it can takes mounth now to repair.

I have three computers of the same brand The hp envy  curved 34 b0000nd all in one with the same problems at the same time. You can not tell me that three computers had a ir camera that died at the same time.

Naturally are my two other friend waiting what the outcome is from this problem.

We are sure that this problem is arise after a windows update but we are not sure wich one .

You are giving exact the same solutions as you have giving to Mister asaweli https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/couldn-t-turn-on-camera-please-...

There was also a reaction from iamsa with also the same problem.

This man has giving up i don`t

Please recognize this problem and try to make a fix for this.

I have the nfo files from the other computers and those computers are still in there warranty .

dear regards 

E de Heer

HP Recommended

@edeheer,

This looks like a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is that my computer is already for 6 weeks on the repair department from HP and it seems they can not resolve this problem.

I have still 2 others friends with the same computer with the same problems at the same time.

They can not logon with windows hello and by startup the computer says can not turn the camera on please use the pin code.

Al those computers has a mail function ir webcam at the same time?

I can not believe that.

There are more people with the same computer and the same problem on this forum but it seems that HP won`t take accountability or recognition for this problem.

This looks not like a possible hardware failure but it was created by a windows update.

Please investigate this problem and find a solution for this.

It`s a computer that cost € 2500,-

Can i get for that amound of money same service please.

Best regards

E de Heer

HP Recommended

@edeheer,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.