Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy h8-1534
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

2-9-2021

when I first power up, the mainframe does what it's supposed to do, except for one thing

and that is, it doesn't send a signal to the Westinghouse Monitor to display data.

What I do is what I don't like doing, but I pull the AC plug and wait 30 sec's and put the plug

back in and I get a display, "most of the time so far."

If anyone has any tips or ideas I'd appreciate it.  Also, is there an HP service center in the Southeast

that repairs mother boards?

Thanks ahead of time!!>:)!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
when the message is displayed, what is the general behavior of the computer?
IF you have a hard drive led, which indicates activity, is there something, or does it stay off?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

there is no message on the monitor when booting up the first time..the mainframe acts normally except it doesn't send a signal to the monitor for visual display.

HP Recommended

this does not answer the question of the HDD ??

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03639067

if it is this one..

• Integrated graphics are not available on this motherboard.
  • A graphics card can be placed in the PCI Express x16 slot

We obviously cannot test without the graphics card

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HDD working ok...when I apply power, the monitor flashes something black and white distorted image for a second then screen goes blank and never comes up with HP logo unless I pull plug and reboot.

HP Recommended

test your computer

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch for the link assist, but I do not feel 100% confident that running a test will be safe

for me.  I've done this before and even tho I have a workable, glitch, these tests usually and seemingly find

other problems which just exacerbate me into other problems.

I appreciate your assistance.

HP Recommended

What do you want me to do in this case, to help you?

you can not try the computer without graphics card as I mentioned!
So we don't have a lot of choice, the tests are there to check if there is a hardware problem or not!
Indeed, that could not work any more, but according to what you say, the computer, risks in any case not working any more at a time!

otherwise, you need to find an equivalent and functional graphics card
And if all goes well, the card is out of order

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I'm leaning that way....I would dearly love to use the links for troubleshooting, but as I said,

I don't have a lot of confidence in their techniques as they seem to find problems away and different

from mine and it opens a whole can of worms...thanks for your assistance tho as I appreciate the comeback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.