Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion slimline s5212y

First, the os. was a windows 7 64 bit home premium. Microsoft forced an upgrade to 10. That slowed my system down and I was planning to upgrade my ram. However, now the computer will not turn on at all. I have bought a new computer for my family and was hoping to upgrade this one for me. The monitor says no signal- going to sleep. Monitor works fine with the new computer. Tower uses a powercord no adapter. green led is lit near the cord. When I turn on the tower the front lights up and the fans run for about 2 seconds, then stop. Green led light turns off but the blue lights on the front remain on. It has not been used for about 2 monthes. I took off the side panel and blew out the dust that had accumulated. Have tried the trouble shooting steps including unplug, hold power button for 5secs, plug in and retry. What to try next? I was planning an upgrade but need to know where I am at first. Thank you all for your time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kmuller,

Thanks for reaching out. Good day.:) I understand that you require assistance with the desktop computer not booting and not having a display. I  will be a delight to assist you with this.

Superb description, commendable troubleshooting and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 Thanks for doing business with HP.I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

• Did this happen after any kind of power outage or power surge do you remember?
  • Do you hear any beeps?

It definitely looks like a hardware issue with the computer. The power supply seems to be fine. But it looks like a faulty display or RAM.

• Please perform a hard reset again.
  • Please perform these steps from the article to try and correct the issue.
  • If the issue persists then please contact a local Best Buy or Staples Technician to get the situation corrected as this is an older computer which has been retired and hence service options are no longer available with HP since the parts for the PC are not manufactured anymore.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.