Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (246 Views)

hp pavilion touchsmart 23 all in one

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

ok guys i really need some help/guidance here.  There is so much infomation here that im sincerely overwhelmed... I will give you as much information as I have and hope SOMEONE can help!

First, I hope i selected the correct board to write this in. As stated, I have a pavilion touchsmart23 all in one pc. I am NOT at ALL computer saavy so work with me here. I dont know if its 32 bit or not nor do I know if it is imperative to my issue.

Here is my problem. My computer works fine 70% of the time. Suddenly the screen will go black and give me a disk boot error message. I cant remember word for word but this is what it saYS: "no boot disk has been detected or boot disk has failed". When this happenes, I have to disconnect the computer from the wall and reconnect and start over. This always fixes it so it leads me to believe it is some sort of glitch. I called HP and they told me to run a system quick and extensive check on the hard drive which i have done. Both passed and no errors reported.

Another thing that will happen is that the screen will go dark, (typically after idling and when i return and move the mouse or type on keyboard, the screen never lights up again as its supposed to when it is no longer idling. It stays VERY dark and I can barely makeout the screen. 

I am not sure why this is happening nor do I know what steps to take from here. I am hoping someone can suggest the next step for me or refer me to a thread that already covers this with a solution. My computer is two years old. I didnt expect to have a problem this soon.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)

Re: hp pavilion touchsmart 23 all in one

comp3.jpg

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (241 Views)

comp3.jpg

Student
Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)

I have two laptops that are running windows 7 (64 bit) and three towers running Vista. ALL 5 i updated to windows 10, and now we only have one of each that is even usable. All items were unable to support 10 and burnt the systems out completely...as in dead. We have had all five reformatted several times before this happened, but 10 is a really hot and huge memory hog. I recomend, that if you have not purchased 10 with its own propper storage, that doing an upgrade is dangerous for the capabilities of the system you now own. Go back to the orriginal version, it is not worth it. 10 requires so much more, and you are setting your item up for failure, no matter what. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation