Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp prodesk 600 g3 sff, booting into Acronis bootable media, no usb mouse or keyboard recognized.

HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Setting up new HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF.  I am wanting to create a backup image with Acronis True Image 2018. When I boot up using   a Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive with the Acronis 2018 True Image bootable media, it will boot into Acronis True Image but  my  USB mouse and keyboard are not recognized and do not work. Please help. I have used this bootable media successfully multiple times before but not on an HP Desktop PC.  Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp prodesk 600 g3 sff, booting into Acronis bootable media, no usb mouse or keyboard recognized.

Does your computer have both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports?

If so, try connecting the keyboard & mouse only to the USB 2.0 ports.

Do you have the commercial version of Acronis?  If so, can you contact them, for support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, this PC has 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. I made sure I  plugged the keyboard and mouse into 2.0 USB ports, and no change. Any other ideas? I do not know if my Acronis is commercial or not. I bought a three computer Acronis True Image 2018 package. I will contact Acronis now.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I do not know if my Acronis is commercial or not.

> I bought a three computer Acronis True Image 2018 package.

> I will contact Acronis now.

Since you have paid, you have the commercial version, which entitles you to support from Acronis.

Acronis offers "crippled" versions -- if your "source" or "target" disk-drive is a SEAGATE drive, then use SEATOOLS, which includes that crippled version.  Similarly, there is a crippled version for WESTERN DIGITAL drives, on W.D.'s web-site.

Got a spare "bare-bones" desktop, e.g,. CPU & RAM & video & CD-drive & keyboard & mouse ?

If so, connect both "source" and "target" disk-drives to that computer, and run ACRONIS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using Acronis  True Image 2018, with bootable media on a DVD disc. I had my usb mouse and keyboard activated.  I imaged a Live Scan PC hard drive from a source HP PC: HP Prodesk 600 G1 SFF to another  hard drive from a HP Prodesk G3 SFF,  The recovery imaging looks successful because I am at the Windows login screen, but I cant use my wired  usb mouse or keyboard. I cant login. They are not activated.  I have rebooted several times as Acronis Support's prompting and I have moved my wired usb mouse and keyboard to all the usb ports on the PC with no resolution.

I just spent over an hour with Acronis support and they cant help me. Can someone please help?  Acronis suggested I use the Windows 7 Repair disk which I tried. It boots to the  flash drive that has the Windows 7 Repair Installation program but I still dont have usb mouse or keyboard activated so I cant choose to continue with the Windows 7 repair because neither keyboard or mouse are activated. Please help.  Thank you, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please read the response to the question at:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Pro/m-p/6568517/

The Windows 7 installation media (dating from 2010) does not include the device-drivers for the USB ports on some "modern" motherboards, including your motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it has both  usb 2.0 and 3.0. I have been working with Acronis for several days, with no solution yet. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont see a way to inject the USB drivers into my particualr Windows 7 imaging/ installation. I did take the  Acronis image from a  an HP Prodesk 600 G1 sff, and then I used my Acronis Bootable Media to access Acronis on the targe HP Prodesk 600 g3 target hard drive . I did the new imaging successfully and I get to the Windows login screen but I have no USB mouse or keyboard. 

Am I missing something? 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I don't see a way to inject the USB drivers into my particular Windows 7 imaging/ installation.

There is a way, but trying to use Windows 7 on your brand-new "designed for Windows 10" hardware is going to fail, as you have observed.

> I did take the Acronis image from a  an HP Prodesk 600 G1 sff,

A different computer.  Correct?  Was the image of a Windows 7 system, or of a Windows 10 system?

Can you mount the image in the original computer, and reconfigure it to automatically logon to Windows, i.e., not requiring a password, and not requiring any touches of a keyboard & mouse?

> Then I used my Acronis Bootable Media to access Acronis on the targeT HP Prodesk 600 g3 target hard drive .

> I did the new imaging successfully and I get to the Windows login screen but I have no USB mouse or keyboard. 

Correct.  The disk-drive will boot on 'G1' hardware, not on your hardware, because it lacks the device-drivers for the USB ports on your new motherboard.   But, if you have reconfigured (as noted above), Windows should boot properly.

Then, assuming that the computer has an Ethernet connection to the Internet, plug-in the mouse.

Windows may detect the "plug-and-play" device, and may use Windows Update to download the correct device-driver for the mouse.

To repeat:

Got a spare "bare-bones" desktop, e.g,. CPU & RAM & video & CD-drive & keyboard & mouse ?

If so, connect both "source" and "target" disk-drives to that computer, and boot & run ACRONIS.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation