Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I have an HP z240.  recently it has been showing an error after intel me firmware and bios updated.  the error is after initial boot, but before the operating system boots.  the error is on its own window after bios splash, and the error is "(a7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock failed".  it sits at this screen for a minute, then the os boots normally (of which i am lucky, as i see a lot of others who cannot boot at all).  i have downgraded bios, no effect.  i have also attempted to run intel ME firmware (figured check that also, as its a firmware issue) and firmware FAILS stating it "cannot run" because it cant detect the chipset.  the intel me SOFTWARE (which is requested as a "see if this fixes it", also errors out - this gives the error in the logs as:  "e win32 exception occurred!!", then "error code 0x4e24 (20004)", then it states "error in device matching".   i cannot get rid of the message, i cannot verify the firmware, and i believe it started after updating the firmware to sp106067.   Please advise, as i am now very concerned that this should not happen (we have 20 of these, is this something that will be happening to ALL of them?).

H
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

added information.  just tried 11.8.70.3626 instead of 11.8.79.3722, and got the same error in a dos window -

me firmware updating tool 1.4

error 8743v: unknown or unsupported platform.

cannot locate hardware platform identification

this program cannot be run on the current platform.

please confirm you have the latest me software (cant install), intel me is enabled, you are running w admin, and try again. 

if you are still having issues, call support

H
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.