Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
23-q033in all-in-one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I accidentally installed wrong bios from hp website. I have not restarted my computer, But I am worried. How do I again download the right version and install? where can i find right version of BIOS

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you sure the incorrect BIOS update was processed? Or in your case unsuccessful resulting in a bricked PC.

You will have to start the PC to see what is going on.

Where did you get the BIOS update? Okay, you got the update from the HP Support site. You have to verify the BIOS update SSID to ensure you are downloading the correct BIOS file.

The only BIOS update options available are using HP Support Assistant or downloading the BIOS update file from your PC's support site. BIOS updates usually require a system restart to finish the BIOS update. 

Did you do a hard shutdown or lose power during this update? This action could break your PC even if the correct BIOS update had not completed the update process.

Newer HP PCs should not allow a BIOS update if you are using the wrong BIOS update file.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.