Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP aio desktop 22-c1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when waking from sleep it occasionally sticks on the lock screen. no cursor or touch function to advance to login screen. have to restart to get around. today after windows update, I gat a drive error message in notification window. said click to repair . not sure if repaired. also, when I click on amd radeon settings, I get amd radeon settings and driver settings do not match. update to repair. I updated the driver but still get same messages. thanks for any guidance. the computer is one month old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jevans1966 

Hate to say this, but if there is an issue with the PC sleeping, you will have no option than to disable that.

That issue is most often related to old video drivers, but with OEM PCs, you often don't have much choice about drivers because you're limited to what the OEM provides, since drivers from AMD, Intel, or Nvidia generally do not work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jevans1966 

You should not be having problems like this with a new PC!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your PC, so while this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

HP Recommended

you are absolutely correct about "it can take a while". I did contact support about two weeks ago. when the support tech gained control of my computer, he updated the bios, and updated the amd radeon. after that he went to power settings and set the when to sleep setting to never.  I thought that was clever of him. then he started sending emails asking if I had any further problem with waking from sleep mode. then he called me around 7:30 pm one evening asking if he could close the case number. I said ok just to stop him from calling. I like to use the sleep setting so I have quick access to the computer when I need it and shutdown the computer once or twice a week, so I set the when to sleep function back to after 30 minutes and lo and behold it froze on the lock screen again. oh well guess I will need to do the remote access again and see if someone else can determine the problem without simply turning off the sleep function. today I had the drive error message and could not access amd radeon settings with the message "the radeon settings do not match the drive settings. I updated the radeon driver. that did not help. thanks for your input. I will be looking at my other options to resolve this matter. Have a great day.

HP Recommended

@jevans1966 

Hate to say this, but if there is an issue with the PC sleeping, you will have no option than to disable that.

That issue is most often related to old video drivers, but with OEM PCs, you often don't have much choice about drivers because you're limited to what the OEM provides, since drivers from AMD, Intel, or Nvidia generally do not work.

HP Recommended

you are correct again. I just spent 2 hours with support controlling my pc. along with the sleep issue, I received a drive error message yesterday after a windows update and also found that I cannot access amd radeon settings. message radeon settings and driver versions do not match. he could not correct any of these issues. wanted to send me a box to ship back to the factory. oh well. thanks so much for your input. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.