Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When I wake up my computer from sleep mode and its locked, It dosent show me the password box.

I press any key and nothing happens, 2 minutes later it goes back to the screen where you can see the date and hour.

only when I restart my computer I can log in the computer. If I cancel the password requierment its ok but I want that when I put my computer to sleep it will also lock.

I dont exactly know when it started and my computer is up to date

please help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Dagan

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to login after you let the computer go to sleep, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you updated BIOS and chipset using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to change the power plan on your computer?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to update BIOS, Chipset, and other drivers on your computer. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated, check if you are able to wake the computer from sleep. 

If the issue persists, create a new user account on your computer with admin rights. 

Login to the new account and check if you are able to wake the computer from sleep. 

Refer to this HP Article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

first of all thanks for helping!

my product number is J8E52EA#ABB. like I said in my first message I already updated my computer bios and drivers and did a windows update but stil whenever I lock my computer I cant relogin and I need to restart my computer to do so.

I also tried opening a new user .. but when I switched user it was also locked so I couldnt even login to that user and was forced to restart again :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

Hi @Dagan

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm Barachiel & I'm at your service. 

I went through the previous conversations, and I see that my colleague has suggested you to try the steps in this article.

Have you tried them? Let me know the results. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

I now realized that its not when the computer wakes up from sleepmode ... its when the computer is locked .. I disabled the password requierement after sleep mode and now it works fine because theres no passowrd haha .. but when I lock the computer from the windows button theres the problem .. its not from sleep mode so the article isnt relevant

HP Recommended

@Dagan

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 
I appreciate your time and efforts, Follow the steps below to enable the password option while it get's back from sleep mode.

• In Windows 10, click on the Start button and then select Settings from the Start Menu.
  • When the Settings window opens, click on Accounts.
  • Next, go to the Sign-in options area. Click on the drop-down box under the “Require sign-in” section.
  • You’ll see two options – “Never” and “When PC wakes up from sleep“. If you select Never, your PC will not ask you to enter a password when you resume it from sleep. Or set it to “When PC wakes up from sleep” if you want to enable the password login after sleep.

Let me know if it worked. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I said that when I remove the password requierement it works fine because theres no password, but I want to have the option to lock my computer .. whenever I lock my computer It takes a long time untill the password box appears

HP Recommended

@Dagan

Hi,

I log in a bit early than @Barachiel and thought will intervene in order to avoid any delays.

You could perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset. This repairs the operating system by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep us posted. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.