Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am in my exams and i noticed after submitting my test that the on/off function doesn't allow me to either, turn my pc off, restard it or put into rest modus. Right now when i hover over the button with my mouse it says" there are momentarelie no power managment options available"  so i just force close my laptop right now but want to know why this happend and how i can fix this problem.

Tommy_Student_0-1642510719008.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tommy_Student -- can you open a command-line prompt, and then enter SHUTDOWN -T 10 and press ENTER ?

This will tell Windows to do an "ordinary" shutdown in "10" seconds -- much less drastic that a "hard power off".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Tommy_Student -- can you open a command-line prompt, and then enter SHUTDOWN -T 10 and press ENTER ?

This will tell Windows to do an "ordinary" shutdown in "10" seconds -- much less drastic that a "hard power off".

HP Recommended

no it didn't work 

HP Recommended

Hello

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Tommy_Student -- no it didn't work 

What DID happen?  Any error-message?

HP Recommended

@itsmyname wrote:

Because  SHUTDOWN -T 10  is not right 

Capture d’écran 2022-01-19 163721.png

@Tommy_Student  you have to open the Cmd command prompt  console , or windows power shell and type this type of command instead

shutdown /s /t 120

eteint.gif

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Tommy_Student --- check the options for the SHUTDOWN command:

/s Shutdown the computer.
/t xxx Set the time-out period before shutdown to xxx seconds.
The valid range is 0-315360000 (10 years), with a default of 30.

Try   SHUTDOWN /s /t 10

and tell us what happens, and if you get any error-messages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.