Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hard drive was lost by a friend

4CE01902D6 p6000 series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hard drive is gone. I need to install OS and drivers. There is not a way to boot from usb in the bios. Does the updated bios have usb port visibility? Or do I burn the windows 7 install iso file to dvd? and boot from that. 

How do I update the other drivers that i downloaded. 

This pc, whle old is perfect first pc for grandson so want to get it running. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your system's specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02155464/

Downloads (manuals, device-drivers, et cetera):  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/3884665

has device-drivers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6000-desktop-pc-series/3884665

all date from 2009 or 2010.

So, connecting a brand-new disk-drive to replace a disk-drive from 2008 or 2009 or 2010 is probably a good idea.

One of the downloads is the "HP Support Assistant".  It will help you update your HP software.

Yes, booting from a CD/DVD should work.

------------------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to install the os that I downloaded. The bios does not see the file on the dvd in the dvd drive, else it would start to execute the os install from the dvd. 

the file that i have on dvd is the windows 7 oem ISO file which i created with the microsoft dvd app.

I also tried to use the iso file on a usb drive but I don't believe this bios even looks to a usb port for a boot, else the bios boot sequencer would see the usb in the port and include it. 

Help me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  I have tried to install the os that I downloaded. The bios does not see the file on the dvd in the dvd drive,

On another computer, if you see exactly ONE file on the DVD, you have not correctly written the ISO file to the DVD.

You must use special software that takes the '.iso' file from your disk-drive, and writes it onto a DVD.

Windows 7/8/10 has built-in software -- just double-click on the '.iso' file to launch that software.

> the file that i have on dvd is the windows 7 oem ISO file which i created with the microsoft dvd app.

Again, there should be several files & folders on the DVD, not just "one".

> I also tried to use the iso file on a usb drive but I don't believe this bios even looks to a usb port for a boot,

Most "modern" computers can boot from a correctly-formatted USB disk-drive.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation