Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp laptop is stuck on diagnosting your pc

hp laptop inte
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i posted an ad on craigslist and then the computer shut down and restarted when it came back up i connected my iphone to it to downoload my pictures but could not get my pic to display, then i tried going to google and it would just spin, so i restarted the computer again by holding the power button down and now it goes to repairing pc screen then switches to diagnosting your pc to a black screen with hp on it and it is showing that it is circlingl,  i tried to restart but it comes back to same screen, unplug it, no devices connected to it, press esc but i dont know what to do there, it does not give me an an option to view drives, i have no recovery disc,  press f8 repeatly and nothing displayed on the screen, any suggestions please

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 6
380 380 34 72
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds like your HDD may be on the way out...

Switch if off & on. Keep tapping F2 as soon as it's on. This will take you into HP UEFI Diags. run an extensive test on the HDD and post back with the results.

Thanks!

Michael.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Showing hd test failed Hard drive DFT fail system a warning
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DST failed Did the extensive test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,349 14,086
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hard drive is failing and will need to be replaced. If you are still in warranty HP will replace it. If not a retail 2.5" laptop SATA hard drive can be used-Western Digital,Seagate,Toshiba,etc
  If you need more help selecting/replacing the hdd post back with full Model & Product Number:

Your Windows 10 license key is embedded in BIOS and you can reinstall Windows without Recovery Discs. Microsoft provides the free Media Creation Tool to download files and create a Windows 10 usb flash drive.Big advantage is you will have latest updated version of Windows 10.
At least 8gb flash drive required:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Select Download tool now, and select Run.
If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
-------------------------------
When the flash drive is prepared insert it in a usb port. Power on the laptop and immediately start tapping Esc key. From the menu tap F9 key and use the arrow keys to move to and select usb. Tap Enter key.
When installing it should pickup the key from BIOS but if it asks at any point just choose "I don't have a key". It will continue and should activate once you are online.
This will not include the original software from HP but most of it can be installed from your Support page.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation