Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15q-bu0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Let me start with the introduction of my laptop. It's a HP Laptop 15q-bu0xx with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit and it is equipped with Core i5 7th gen, 4GB or RAM and 1TB HDD.

The laptop's booting time was very slow and even after coming at the homescreen, it took another minute for it to be fully operable. I deleted everything which I felt was junk, even the pre-installed McAfee, but there was no improvement (I purchased Kaspersky later). For the last 1 year I have tried everything, including the instructions given to me by your WhatsApp support channels and other blogs, like compromising with the visuals, changing the paging settings, changing some startup and boot settings, disabling the fast startup, changing from HP recommended plan to high performance, running commands like chkdsk, dism, scannow, etc and almost every such things I could think of but still I saw just minor improvements.

Even browsers like Chrome and Firefox take quite a lot of seconds to be operable. The same goes with softwares like Visual Studio Code and MS Office most of the time (Sometime It show Not Responding). I update my Windows but let me tell you that the latest build didn't solve my problem either. My laptop still takes almost 3 minutes to boot up (out of which almost 90 seconds are spent looking at HP logo).

So please give me some advice to fix the slow performance.

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From: HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

it seems that your disk-drive is a "spinning" disk-drive, not a SSD (Solid State Device) that is spinning at 5400 RPM. Some disk-drives "spin" 33% faster, namely at 7200 RPM, while a SSD does not "spin" at all.

So, your computer seems to be "waiting" for the disk-drive to deliver data into the RAM.

Consider upgrading to a SSD, which can be "up to 10 times" faster than a 5400 RPM disk-drive.

Also, start the Windows "Task Manager", and switch to the "Performance" tab.

Click on the icon of the disk-drive.

Now, launch Chrome or Firefox, and switch back to the Task Manager window, to see if the disk-drive becomes "100% busy" for a long time. It probably does, while the browser loads.

HP Recommended

by removing CD drive and installing SSD it can boost the Speed of laptop.i didn't use CD Drive so i don't want it 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.