7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my pc is shutdown unexpectedly pleasw help me

hp pavilion p2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello ..
I bought a hp original pc 4 years ago.tsomehis problem was started some months ago.when i on my pc it'll work good .when its passing few minutes my computer will get off within a second. NO SIGNS ,NO WARNINGS ,NOTHING.
And it wont start again for few hours or till next day. I cleaned it fully. There's no dust in fans and board,i replaced a new cmos battery. I tried all the things.and my computer has no power supply unit.it has a ac adapter. So please help me what is the problem. How to solve it. PLEASE HELP ME...
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download, install, and run the SPECCY software.

Run it as soon as you turn the computer on.

Run it again every 15 minutes, as you use your computer.

SPECCY will report the temperatures of your disk-drive, your motherboard, your CPU, and will report the speed (RPM - revolutions per minute) of each fan inside your computer.

I think that your computer could be overheating, and shutting down.

After it cools down, you can restart it, and use it for a while.

Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Os it the sign of a bad ac adapter ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Or it the sign of a bad AC adapter ? 

Yes, that is a possibility.

Touch the AC adapter -- is it "hot" or just "warm" ?

After your computer shuts-down, take an electrician's "multi-meter", and measure the Voltage and Wattage being output from the adapter.  Compare to the values printed on the label on the AC adapter.

Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No .. when it get shutdown the ac adapter's showing no changes. And now my pc is not giving the time to install that software. It get off before that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> And now my pc is not giving the time to install that software. It get off before that. 

I think that your computer is overheating, and is proactively shutting itself down, to prevent damage.

What is the temperature of the warm air being exhausted from the computer? Is it "hot" -- 60 to 90 Celsius ?

Since your computer is getting "worse", I think that it is time to seek professional trouble-shooting, before you totally "kill" it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope.. it's not too hot it's very cool ... i checked it every time
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since your computer is shutting-down within minutes of starting it, I think that it is time to seek professional trouble-shooting, before it totally dies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After i install the spaccy it shows the temperature. When its passing 80° cpu fan rpm increase and noisy. But i didn't hear this before.is there any chances to fan speed failure?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> When its [temperature is] passing 80°, CPU fan RPM increase and noisy.

> But i didn't hear this before.

That is what the motherboard is supposed to do -- recognize the "excessive" temperature, and speed-up the fan, to try to cool the CPU.  Of course, faster spinning generates more noise, and that is what you are hearing.

What programs are you running, such that the CPU is getting that hot?

Games?  BitTorrent file-sharing?  What anti-virus software are you using? It might be doing a "full" scan.

Microsoft released security-updates at 10 AM Pacific on 10/10/2017 -- earlier this week.

Could Windows Update be the cause of the extra CPU usage?

> is there any chances to fan speed failure? 

If you are hearing the fan, running at full speed, and SPECCY is reporting such high temperatures, it has not failed.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation