Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my "HP Pavilion p2 PC" showing error- No boor disk has been detected or the disk has been failed.

HP Pavilion p2 PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

my HP Pavilion p2 PC  desktop is showing "check cable connection!

Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has been failed

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my "HP Pavilion p2 PC" showing error- No boor disk has been detected or the disk has been failed.

@ashish36

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion P2 series PC. I read that the PC does not boot into Windows and displays a message saying "check cable connection! Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has been failed". 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any hardware or software changes happen to the PC recently?
  • Please let me know the exact PC model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the PC. You might have to press and hold the power button down for few seconds until the PC powers off.
  • Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) and devices from the PC. 
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the keyboard, mouse, monitor and the power cable and power on the PC.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to follow the steps from this HP document. The steps listed help in isolating and fixing such issues. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation