Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
touchsmart iq524
Microsoft Windows Vista

I made the mistake of upgrading my bios to the most recent version.  The new bios dont have any of the advanced options of the original. I want to reflash the original version but I cant find anywhere to download a copy.  Hp support is the worst so I cant even get to the downloads page for the IQ524.

I have tried entering my serial number, product number and model number but none of them worked.

if someone could provide a link to download a copy of the original bios, that would be awesome. 

current bios - revision 5.07

original bios - 5.02 (im pretty sure but I could be wrong)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@iHATEhewpac Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to restore the BIOS.

Please follow the below steps.

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Please refer to the following link 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.