Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion p6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i replaced my harddrive in a seagate barracuda 1t, now the system doesnt find it anymore.

What can i do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

While in the BIOS change the first boot device to the USB drive.  The bootable USB stick needs to be plugged in for some of the PC's to show it is available.  Depending on how the USB was made and if it is bootable or not will determine if the PC will boot to it.

You can make a bootable USB flash drive to reload Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to to "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions to make the USB drive into a bootable Windows 10 source.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Does the BIOS detect the new hard drive?  Start tapping Esc as soon as the power ( start ) is pressed until the popup menu shows.  Then select BIOS

FYI: the Windows OS will need to be reinstalled using the Recovery Media you made when the PC was new.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
the BIOS does detect the new Hardware. i have a usb with windows10, but I cannot make it work.
HP Recommended

While in the BIOS change the first boot device to the USB drive.  The bootable USB stick needs to be plugged in for some of the PC's to show it is available.  Depending on how the USB was made and if it is bootable or not will determine if the PC will boot to it.

You can make a bootable USB flash drive to reload Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to to "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions to make the USB drive into a bootable Windows 10 source.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.