cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

new ssd not recognized

HP Recommended
hp pavilion desktop - 510-p050st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to install new Samsung EVO 860 cloned it no problems with SSD but when connected gets hung up on HP logo screen.  Updated BIOS to latest version 

wboger688_0-1597193467737.png

Have seen other posts saying HP BIOS does not recognize any assistance appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,366 6,351 604 1,387
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would check storage devices in the BIOS to verify the new drive is detected.

So the clone could be bad if the BIOS sees the drive but you cannot run Windows on the drive. Have you checked Disk Management to verify the drive is detected by Windows? I am assuming you have tried to look at the new drive when it is connected as a data drive when you run Windows using the source HDD.

What cloning software did you use?

The system information image in your post does not help me. Disk management would be informative if you run Windows on the factory HDD with the SSD connected as a data drive. BIOS detection of the new SSD is also a determining factor.

I have used Macrium Reflect free (Link) on many PCs with zero problems.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also used Macrium and cloned the drive.  The drive is recognized in disk management as a data drive when connected with the HDD.  When I then connect the SSD with the same SATA cable as the HDD it just boots to the HP logo screen and goes no further.  I cannot even pull up BIOS with the SSd connected. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,366 6,351 604 1,387
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

That's strange.

The SATA SSD should work if the clone is good and the drive is good. This drive should work even if the BIOS is set to RAID instead of AHCI.

Maybe another forum member has some idea why this is happening.

Regards

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree I have seen other posts where the BIOS updates prevented it from being recognized. I have cloned other drives for Dell computer and never had issue thanks for the assistance. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation