• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no VGA signal reecognized from from HP ENVY 700 PC Series

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the second time this has happened.  The computer freezes and won't shut down a window or page after trying the task manage to stop the program it still won't stop so I hold down the computer power button until the computer shuts down.  Now I  am getting a "No VGA signa" on my NEW monitor.  The wizard that came to the house the last time told me the monitor was shot so I bought a brand new Dell flat screen.  It's 3months old and the same thing has happened again!  I have power, I can hear the fans on the lights are on, the monitor light is on, but the screen is blank.  I've unplugged and cleaned, pressed awake buttons and switched ports on the keyboard and mouse to no avail.  I can't think of what else to do or how to avoid this in the future.   I can't keep buying new monitors.  This one was over $200.00 and the diagnosis session was $250.00.  Help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no VGA signal reecognized from from HP ENVY 700 PC Series

@shaneotr

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 700 series PC. I read that the PC powers and there is no display on the screen. The monitor displays a "no VGA signal detected" message. The issue started after you have to manually power off the PC because it froze. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

This doesn't sound like a monitor issue. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the PC. You might have to press and hold the power button until the PC powers off.
  • Please disconnect all cables (including the power cable) and all devices from the PC.
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. 
  • Reconnect the power cable, monitor, keyboard and mouse.
  • Power on the PC.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to review the steps from this HP document. This information helps in fixing such issues with HP PCs.

Also, you may review the HP no boot troubleshooter guide

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation