Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion aio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On power up of my HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n190st CTO (Touch) I get 3 long beeps & 4 short one. This sequence repeats 5 times and pc boots up normal. Never had this previously.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The boot error code you are seeing refers to potential hardware failure down the road:

The system board displays a power failure (crowbar).*
Indicates potential power system failure.
  1. Reduce to minimum config (CPU, System board, PSU, 1 DIMM of memory) and isolate failed component.
  2. Reduce further if issue persists.
  3. Test known good PSU.
  4. Replace affected component.
  5. If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, System Board, PSU.

You can refer to this BIOS error code at the following HP Support site (LInk).

Regards

HP Recommended

Can someone translate this into laymans terms?  I did find this solution on the hp support page and it's too techy for me.  And is there anything I can do besides having to take it in to get fixed?  thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Kmorand,

This error code relates to possible faulty hardware.

Hardware troubleshooting is required to find the failing component. You have to open the chassis and reduce the system to a minimum configuration. Test components. I usually replace components with known, good working parts until I find the bad component.

Contact HP if in warranty or have a local PC tech diagnose the cause.

Regards

HP Recommended

oh that sucks... i was hoping i could troubleshoot on my own... anytime you bring it in, it's a few hundred $!  it's off warranty, so i guess i have no choice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.