Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-15-2021 03:28 PM
Pavilion 23 all in one will not boot or make any beeps. The LED on motherboard has a very slow blink, the power light on the motherboard is lit, the power button lights up and fan is running. It started doing this a few months ago and happens after an restart. Very random when it (finally) boots back up and then will run with issue until another restart happens.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-18-2021 12:05 PM - edited 03-18-2021 12:07 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
03-22-2021 11:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea if this started with an update or not. It starting happening just randomly about a year ago. The Pavilion is set to auto updates and is used mostly by my husband. He noticed it was getting increasingly slower and then would not boot up. It would sit unpowered for a few days and then start up fine. Then we noticed each time it needed to restart the screen would be black, no beeps but fan running. Things I've done to check are:
1. remove the hard drive and connect to another computer. Hard drive is accessible and can see all files when connected. No beeps or notice when Pavilion was powered on without the hard drive connected.
2. removed the ram memory and restart. It beeps with no ram. Also, installed new ram separately in each port. Did nothing - just fan ran
3. removed and replace the lithium battery.
4. power on/off switch works. Has same action when pressing power button as when then lithium battery was replaced and power reconnected.
5. replaced the processor with the exact type. Nothing different happened.
6. There are no dark spots or odors on the motherborad and no capacitors are bulging or leaks are visible.
I have downloaded the tool and if I can ever get it to boot up I will run that software. I'm lost about this. Maybe it's the motherborad but I'm not having any luck finding a replacement. Looking forward to your next comments. Best!
03-24-2021 01:26 PM
Thank you for posting back.
Thank you for remaining patient. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the system board and in order to fix this issue, your computer needs to be serviced. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee