Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (381 Views)

pavilion all in one

Product Name: Pavillion all in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer on May 7th.  Computer shut itself off and tried to reboot itself.  Then reported that there is no hard drive.  Now mind you I have been using this computer for over three weeks now. I shut down the system for the night, turned it on the next morning and it worked for about 5 hours.  Then shut itself off  came back on went into repair mode just to end up saying there was no hard drive.   Called HP and spoke with someone I could barely understand.  I spent 5 and 1/2 hours on the phone trying to get this to work.  She asked if there was any other progams on the computer.  I told her nothing but the anti-virus.  She decided it was my antivirus that was not compatable.  She proceeded to walk me thru the recovery and it still didn't work.  So I was told to wait until June 6th for a usb stick system recovery.  It will fix the issue.  Today June 6th I received the system recovery usb stick, followed instructions and low and behold again there is no hard drive.   I spent over $800 on a computer that I can't get to work.  Can someone please help me?  

Provost
Message 2 of 7 (371 Views)

Re: pavilion all in one

Wendy, welcome to the forum.

I have asked the appropriate people within HP to help you.  Thank you for your patience.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 7 (366 Views)

@WendyMc 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Tutor
Message 4 of 7 (315 Views)

I'm afraid I won't be any help to you, I'm going through a similar situation.  I was wondering, what number did you call?  Was it Tech Support?  I'm on a mission to find a phone number to someone who can authorize an exchange on my Pavillion.  A Tech was out on the 9th and replaced my hard drive and I'm still having major problems.  I've been working with Tech Support since May, and they want me to start all over again with the testing, etc.  Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

Good luck to you.  I'll be watching to see if anyone gives you a decent solution.

Mishy

Tutor
Message 5 of 7 (314 Views)

Hi Omar-E,

I just saw your msg to @wendymc and I was wondering if you could help me in the same way.  In a nutshell, I have a Pavillion Desktop that is only about 6 months old.  I have been working with Tech Support almost daily since May 21st.  On June 9th, they sent an in-home hardware Tech to replace my harddrive and as soon as he left and I started the recovery process, same problems.  The Tech said that if this new harddrive gave me the same problems, it was most likely the motherboard.

Last night I contacted Tech Support via phone and gave them my most recent Case # (I have about 5).  He basically has me starting all over again performing all the tests, etc.

Who can I contact to possible get my computer exchanged.  It's obviously got some major issues.

Thanks!

Mishy

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (308 Views)

June 11,2016   I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a phone call almost imediately and I don't remember who I spoke with but he said he was a supervisor.  He ended up having me send in the computer for repair.   He said it would take three to four days to receive the stuff I needed to send in the computer, It only took three.  I sent the computer the following day which was Wednesday mid  afternoon, it was received the very next day by the repair dept which was Thursday mid morning.  Hope all goes well with the repair.  

Provost
Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)

@WendyMc

Thank you for posting what is happening with your situation.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!