cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devk1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

pavillion all in one w/touchscreen will not power on.

HP Recommended
pavillion all in one w/ touchscreen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had an auto windows update pop up as I was shutting my unit down. Since then unit would power its self down every so often with the message " shutting down" .  Then it wolud restart on it's own, or maybe not....  I lived with this a couple of days thinking a windows update was the cause... But as of now the unit will not power up any more. I push the button, light comes on then right back off.. I have tried disconnecting from power source for hrs, and days, still nothing...

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@devk1 Here are a few steps we need to perform to fix the issue:

• Remove any media from the floppy drives, CD/DVD drives, USB ports, and memory card reader slots, and disconnect all non-essential devices (printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar). Leave only the keyboard and mouse connected to the computer.
  • With the devices disconnected, restart the computer. If the screen now displays a picture and Windows starts properly, a device is preventing the computer from starting. See Updating the BIOS to resolve this issue.
  • If the screen does not display a picture or Windows does not start properly, follow these steps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset to resolve a blank screen issue

Completely resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step to listen for computer beeps and look at the lights.

Step 2: Listen to the computer and look at the lights to resolve a blank screen issue

To help determine the cause of a problem with the computer starting but monitor/screen remaining blank, turn on the computer and listen to it. Look at the computer's power light. What do you notice?

• If the computer is making a beeping sound when turned on, a card, cable, memory module, or processor inside the computer may have come loose. Go to Reseat Loose Internal Components to check for loose components.

• Do you see the computer's power light turn on? If the power light on the computer is not on, the computer is not starting. To troubleshoot a computer that does not start, see the HP support document Computer Does Not Start.

• If the fans are spinning and the computer does not make a beeping sound, continue with the next step to reset the BIOS.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation