Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

power up

e9250t desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I turn the computer off by pushing it's power button, the next time I hit the button it will indeed power up.

However, if after powering down the power cable is disonnected either physically or a power strip is turned off, the system will not power up.  The funny thing is that after a while the computer would miraculously power up on it's own.  At first it would be several minutes which now has increased to a few hours.  Does this have anything to do with the 3volt battery on the mother board or is there something else wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,612 22,555 2,064 4,929
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

power up

@william-3002

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

To answer your question, all the battery does is power the CMOS so the BIOS retains any custom settings when the PC is turned off.  If the battery is dead or failing, all that would happen is that the settings would reset to their default values, and this should have no negative effect on your ability to start or restart the PC.

This could be a power supply issue, but that is just a guess and you would have to really take the PC in for service to see if they can find the source of the problem.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation