cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

"Initializing Intel (R) Boot Agent" message anytime I start-up my Desktop PC

HP Recommended
HP 6000 Pro Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster, I've got a problem with my HP PC.  I think its a 6000 Pro Desktop. It has windows 7. 

So the PC works fine, but anytime I have to re-start/shutdown, I get this message:

Initializing Intel (R) Boot Agent

and a bunch of numbers and stuff. 

Now the thing is, I'm able to by-pass it, eventually, with enough rebooting and smashing of the f1 to f12 keys, and eventually it just starts up windows as normal as if nothing happened! Its so confusing cause a quick search on google tells me that my PC's HD is dead, which is obviously isn't. Is there a way I can stop this from happening? For example right now the PC is working 100% fine, so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks in advance 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation