Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

"Overclocking" BIOS tab

Product Name: HPE H9 1170t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HPE H9 1170t with a 3930k processor running windows 10 x64. My BIOS (7.15) has an overclocking tab with the options:

Overclocking: Enable/Disable (Enable by default) - this simply shows/hides the below options

Processor Voltage Override: Default/range of specific voltages selectable (Default by default)

1 core ratio limit: 38 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

2 core ratio limit: 38 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

3 core ratio limit: 37 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

4 core ratio limit: 36 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

5 core ratio limit: 35 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

6 core ratio limit: 35 (default/alternative numbers can be inputted) 

I have tried entering different ratio limits and different voltages and they appear to have little impact on how the processor actually works. Specifically, if I load all cores (e.g., with Prime95), temperatures remain very reasonable (not even remotely close to throttling temperatures) given the liquid cooling and the fan set to full blast via Speedfan.  However, the processor stays at a multiplier of 35. If I restart and double check that the default values didn't somehow take over, my values are still input (for example: 40 across the board, 40/40/39/38/37/37). 

Does anyone know why this may be happening and/or how to use these options properly?

Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: "Overclocking" BIOS tab

No one has tried altering those settings in the bios?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation