Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"how to boot up p7-1430 after installing new hard drive with partions copyed from old hard drive"

p7-1430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"how to boot up p7-1430 after installing new hard drive with partions copyed from old hard drive"

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,438 22,381 2,048 4,893
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@caly

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

If you correctly copies ALL the needed paritions from the old HDD to the new HDD, it should boot without problems.

Since it is apparently NOT booting, then my guess is that you did not copy all the needed partitions.

What MIGHT work is reinstalling the boot loader files from disk, and for that, you need a disk.

Use this link to download and create Win10 installation media on another PC:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have that, boot your PC from that media and follow these directions for doing Startup Repair:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

You might have to do this as many as three times to complete the repairs.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I think you needed to have done a "CLONE" of your old HDD to your new HDD, rather than a COPY of partitions.

clonezilla.org

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation