Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok ill just come out with it i screwed up thanks to the new window 10 1909 update, it took control of my computer, try to restore but failed. ok, lost c drive os went to bios and try to restore older windows. turned off all usb support went to restart and could not get back into bios for i dont have a keyboard so now i am sorry to say screwed, please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what i have tryed too apart and removed battery and put new one in and reset coms but still get install operating system on hard disk press f2 system diagnostics 

hard disk - (3f0)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mmccoytx 

I don't understand your comment about restoring "older windows" using the BIOS -- as that does not make sense to me.

And then you disabled all USB support in the BIOS -- what did you think THAT was going to accomplish?

You said you removed that battery -- so is this a laptop? Asking because you posted this in the DESKTOPS section.

What, other than USB, can your PC boot from? 

If there is nothing else, then you would have to reflash the BIOS and without a way to read a file from USB or something else, YOU can not NOW do that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.