Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavillion 24 All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new today, spent all day setting up as the gap between start up and welcome window and the actual screen is over 6 minutes which cannot be right, all updates are downloaded as I thought this may be why it was slow but apparently not, tried so many times but each time over 6 minutes delay, this is after the welcome screen with sign in password, surely it should be instant not a black blank screen for so long, any help appreciated as it seems you cannot contact a real person at the weekend only in the week when we all have to go to work!

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi sunbridge

I would open Task Manager. Then select the Startup tab.

Send a screenshot.

You may be able to disable some startup items to reduce Windows load time.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Ty. Tried that . Only 5 things in start up . One drive, camera integrated preview and up message service and nvidia and windows defender . Bios time 4.7 seconds .. I just don't get it
HP Recommended

Hi sunbridge

That is very perplexing.

What is your specific product number? I would like to look at the hardware on your PC.

It would appear a component may be a bottleneck.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Hp 24 all in one b277na17. Ty it's frustrating
HP Recommended

Hi sunbridge

I am sorry, I can't find your PC using b277na17. I will check your PC's specs if you give me the correct product number.

If you have not spent a lot of time setting your new PC up and have not moved data to the system I would suggest you do an HP Factory reset. Back up data before doing this.

Same problem after an HP reset suggests you will not be happy with this PC.

You might consider returning it for a different product or a refund.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Product Id is 27co7ea#abu  . Model 24 b277na

It just can't take that long to load as my work Ines which are cheap ones are almost instant !

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks.

Please remove the serial number ASAP.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi sunbridge

24 b277na worked!

You have a good processor, 8 GB of RAM, and Hybrid graphics using Nvidia.

There is no reason why your AIO is taking so long to load Windows 10.

The only bottleneck I see is the 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD. SSD's are much faster.

Run boot hardware (HDD) diagnostics on the HDD. It could be faulty.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Not sure how ?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.