Stingerzzz
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

smart hard disk error on start up

HP Recommended
ENVY 700-074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On start up I'm getting a smart hard disk error. The error message reads, The smart hard disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure no data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the hard disk test in system diagnostics. 

Hard disk 1 (301)

F2 Diagnostics

Enter - continue startup

I did the test and it failed, giving me a failure ID code PGF03Q-8G195L-9XPJXG-61ER03 and a product ID code H5Q09AA#ABA 

my question is can this be fixed or am I looking at having to buy a new hard drive? If it can be fixed can someone give me a walk through on how to do this. any help is very appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,870 24,522 2,863 10,563
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stingerzzz, welcome to the forum.

The only solution for your problem is to replace the hard drive.  You should buy one the same size or larger than the one that has failed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation