Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elite 8100 compaq

So I got a solid green light on mother board and on the power switch of the HP elite 8100 Compaq I got a brand new i7 for it because I just wanted to do up a budget pc and I could have spent over 24 hours of gathered up time trying to get it to boot but the fans wont spin up and nothing happens and there is no visual damage to any of the hard ware and no pins in the socket are bent and all the parts look in good condition and I really need help so I figured I could try get help from some big brains plus before I got it from my friend I saw it work with my own 2 eyes. please help me or I will die trying. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LMDAZZA 

Here's the HP spec page for your model: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02030592

If you look a the processors, while it does support i3, i5, and i7 -- it only says integrated video support for the i3 and i5.  That implies you must have an add-on video card for the i7.

But this is my interpretation of the spec page and I could be wrong about that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.