Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ssd m.2 not found

Prodesk 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got to clone a few brand new Prodesk 400 desktops with a build-in SK Hynix 256Gb m.2 SSD.

I configured 1 desktop and afterwards cloned the m.2 SSD onto a Samsung EVO SSD. For the second computer I used the cloned Samsung SSD as the bootdrive and cloned it onto the m.2 ssd. If I want to boot the PC with the m.2 SSD (after I removed the Samsung SSD) I get the message "inaccesible boot device" and although I can see the m.2 SSD in the UEFI boot list, the system apparently can't detect it.

When I remove the m.2 SSD, check the parameter 'detect new storage' in the BIOS setup, later replace the m.2 SSD and restart the desktop, nothing changes. What can be the problem?

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation