Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
slim desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When coming out of sleep mode, my computer re-boots. I happens if I let the computer go into sleep mode or select 'sleep' from the power button. Is there an option that has gotten set that is causing this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, you can use HP Support Assistant for update all your drivers, except the BIOS. 

If you don't have HP Support Assistant in your PC, please install this here: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If it doesn't work please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed all available updates plus a bios update.

Info on my computer:

HP slim desktop 290-a0xxx

Product #: 3LA89AA#ABA

Windows 10 ver: 18363.535

My system used to be sporadic wake from sleep / re-boot, but now it is always re-boot from sleep mode. 

HP Recommended

OK, so please reinstall the last graphics driver here: Download

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

I installed the recommended driver (19.?.2) and still have the problem.

HP Recommended

So you can try to uninstall your driver for reinstall totally. For this please right click on "computer" and clic to "manage". In left go to "devices manager" and duplicate clic on "graphics cards" section to see inside. Right clic on your card to "uninstall device". Cross the box for totally delete the driver if available, clic "OK" and reboot your PC. 

After reboot Windows need to automatically reinstall your device, if not please install with my link. 

HP Recommended

I installed a new AMD driver, old was 18.x.x, new was 19.x.2, so I don't think the AMD driver is the problem. Are there any system settings or configuration settings that could cause this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.