Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 520 1120eb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have made a clone of the original HD 1,36Gb from my HP Touchsmart 520-1120eb that is still operational, but getting very slow. Have purchased the WD green SAta SSD drive of 1GB, and used the easeUS Partition that i have also successfully used for other upgrades from older type HD's to the newer SSD drives. Cloning is succesfull, but during startup of the HP with new SSD it comles back with no disk found. Have checked for latest version Bios which is the 7.11 from Oct 2012 and do not find a more recent version. The bios only sees the drive through the legacy setting, and not thhrough UEFI. The bios does not allow me to disable the secure boot configuration, and think therefore theproblem is related to the UEFI settings not functional in this Bios. Does anyone know if there is a more current version available of BIOS for the touchsmart 520 ???.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
your computer, should be original under windows 7?
In any case, the latest version of the bios available 7.11, it is an old bios, you have no uefi ..
So that shouldn't be the problem
Try at least a full install, with microsoft media!
If it works the problem may be the image made!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Dearest, I have now installed the UEFI tools from HP on the original drive, made a new clone on the SSD drive 1Gb, so the HPTOOLS would also be created on the SSD. After the first boot, i now did get the windows logo and the rotational dots, but got a blue screen of death directly after, restarted again twice , and the thirth time windows started successfully. From now on it seems stabile, and the SSD is fully functional. Do not know what happened under the hood, but all seems OK now. Strange, but am happy it is working. Thanks for the info. As for the bios 7.11, UEFI is available in the bios as boot option, but the hard drive is not listed in  that section. The hard drive was visible under the legacy section....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.