Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

un able to choose the correct windows for bios update for Hp compaq dc 5700 no option for windows 7

hp compaq dc5700
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i want to update the bios but no option of choosing windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,530 22,473 2,057 4,905
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

un able to choose the correct windows for bios update for Hp compaq dc 5700 no option for windows 7

@mutiso

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

According to the HP product page for your PC, it did not come with Win7 preinstalled -- and HP only makes BIOS upgrades for the OS versions that come preinstalled on their PCs.

Additionally, HP makes their BIOS upgrade OS-version-specific, meaning the PC must be running the same version of Windows as the BIOS upgrade.  Thus, you can not run, for example, a BIOS upgrade designed for Windows XP or Vista in Windows 7.

This means there is no BIOS upgrade you can download from HP for your PC.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,987 9,983 938 2,734
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just curious but along with what @WAWood has already posted, any of the BIOS files found for that model are old.  What is the version presently installed and what do you expect to gain with a BIOS undate?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,330 107,511 17,030 26,077
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @mutiso

You can update the BIOS no matter what operating system you are running by using the F10 Setup BIOS Flashing method.

According to the support page, the latest BIOS is v2.09, under the Vista drivers section.

Download and run the file.

An information page will open.

Read the info under the F10 Setup BIOS Flashing section.

In summary, here is how you update the BIOS...

Get a USB flash drive.  Format it in the FAT32 file system.

Under the F10 Setup BIOS Flashing section of the info page that opens when you run the BIOS update file, there is a blue link labeled View Contents of the DOS flash folder.

Copy just the file contents of that folder to your USB flash drive.

At the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F10 key to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File tab and then select the Flash System ROM menu.

Select the USB flash drive, and PC should see the file contents of the USB flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

Unfortunately, the release notes for all of the previous BIOS releases are not listed, so the only fix mentioned is this one for v2.09...- Improves security of the BIOS flashing process under certain circumstances by adding a stronger flash process verification algorithm.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation