Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upon turning on my new computer a black screen appears with message Invalid Signature detected

HP Pavilion 590-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Immediately upon turning on my one month old HP Pavilion computer (Windows 10) this AM I was met with a black screen and a red message "Invalid Signature detected...check secure boot policy in Setup".   I don't know what a "secure boot policy" is and can't get into "Setup" to find out.  Hitting enter brings up a blue message "Boot device not found insall an operating system on you hard drive, etc.  After that nothing happens.... The HP agent(s) keep trying to get me to enter problems, data, solutions on to a machine that I can't open...  It worked perfectly 24 hours ago--and I was only reading emails at the time.   How do I get past the first and second messages into the rest of the "stuff?"

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,694 38,151 3,350 14,086
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upon turning on my new computer a black screen appears with message Invalid Signature detected

Assuming BIOS setup is the first message- immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This should bring up a start menu where you will have F10 BIOS Setup. Tap F10 key. Not having that model I don't really know where various settings in BIOS are so I would suggest to simply look for an option to reset to Default settings then Save and Exit.

The other message is a bit more ominous and could indicate hard drive failure.On the other hand- It might  be solved with resetting BIOS to Default settings if the machine is not looking for correct boot device.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation