Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

user accounts

HP desktop pc570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Want to set myself up as a user on a company computer.   When i log in, the apps are not available, office 360 is not available, nothing.   All were set up under the owner's name as that's all it would allow.....My name should be the main one on this desktop and all of the programs I set up should be my own.   

When i try to log in as the owner, i get a black screen and must re boot several times before it loads, and this is a brand new computer.  if i log in under my user account, it opens quickly.

any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

user accounts

> When i log in, the apps are not available, office 360 is not available, nothing.  

Apps like MS Office can be installed "for the current user" or "for all users on this computer" (even for IDs that have not yet been created).

> When i try to log in as the owner, i get a black screen and must re boot several times before it loads.

This is not "normal" behaviour for a brand new computer.

I would reboot, and choose to launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, to ensure that you have "good" hardware.

Then, because it is "brand-new", I would start "fresh":

* install Windows

* create additional ID

* run Windows Update

* install applications, including Office

* run Windows Update (to update Office)

rather than trying to "trouble-shoot".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
35 34 2 11
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

user accounts

Hi Welcome to HP Forum

we are happy to help you.

This is how I have fixed it:

Perform a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Uncheck all services (don´t worry, your PC will boot fine.  Then add service after servie one by one, rebootign your PC everytime after a service is added until you getting the delay again. This then would be the service which is causing the black screen. Check all services again except the causing service. This is paintaking but the only way. on my computer it was one Service which caused the long boot time:

On my computer it was the "App-Vorbereitung" ( sorry is in German) but I guess it is probably "App- Readiness" in the english version of Windows. You may guess it on the order from the top which service it is. I would start straight with unchecking this one service:

Sys config.jpg

Hope this helps, good Luck and all the best

Best Regards,
Dark_Panther.
I am an HP Employee.
Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.:smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation