Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p013wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IDK whats going on with my bios? 5 months ago when i tried to enabl virtualization in my bios i easily did it.But now idk why there is no option for that.The bios looks completely biferent  there is no any advancd options that i saw before.The reason i entered my bios is to increase my vram  to play games. i dont mean the games wont run but the game are verry stuttery and crashes a lot its coz of low v ram. i was about to buy GTX 1650 SUPER but cz of lockdown the store is closed. I am in a odd situation idk what m saying but i am in trouble.i found this image online  whis exactly looks the same like when i enter the biosi found this image online whis exactly looks the same like when i enter the bios

this guy has outdated version but mine is up to date" latest "  still i dont see any option to change vram  volume idk if this is a bug or hp is doing this on purpose???? 

what it was like before

hp-bios.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Potatopc123_4

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, Virtualization and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

To conclude, the VRAM on your PC is already shared with a specific value and its locked and cannot be changed.

Hope the information shared will help you.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Potatopc123_4

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, Virtualization and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

To conclude, the VRAM on your PC is already shared with a specific value and its locked and cannot be changed.

Hope the information shared will help you.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering! Before i pick this as solution i have a question to ask.

You said "HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, Virtualization and increasing the VRAM are locked." is there a way to unlock it? or its locked permanently?

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance" i get it but i want the maximum performance out of my pc!

HP Recommended

@Potatopc123_4

Unfortunately for Consumer PC or Notebooks, the BIOS is locked permanently and customers cannot make certain changes

In certain HP Commercial PC ( Business PC ), the BIOS usually is unlock and  that is when customers can make changes in BIOS

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.