Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

window pops up on screen and cannot be closed

HP Pavilion 23-q214 All-in-One Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is not a huge problem, just annoying.  But I'm afraid it will become a real issue.

At top of window it says "iCloudServices.exe-Bad image"     

Then a red circle appears with a white x in it. The message in the box says: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error staus 0xc000012f

I'm a private owner, there is no system administrator.  This occurred a few months back after an automatic update from HP. My computer works fine after restart or hard shutdown/restart. It will not "awaken" from sleep or hibernate.  There is a slight slowdown in its performance, but not awful.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,106 41,358 4,515 11,829
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The error message "iCloudServices.exe" that you are reporting is an Apple program and is not caused by an HP update.

iCloud allows you as a user to upload data to Apple servers.

Since you own the PC, you are its Administrator.  Whenever you install a program you are doing it as an administrator. 

If you don't even use the iCloud service, the simplest solution should be to use Programs and Features and uninstall it.

You can also disable the process in the Services snap-in.

This should stop the error message.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While the reply from erico is helpful, I'm still puzzled by why it is appearing.  May I ask that "erico" reply further to this post:

"Yes, it told me how to get rid of the window, but since I’m not working in iOS on my desktop, I’m confused as to why it appeared and don’t want to uninstall something I may need/use."

For instance, I also use an iPhone & iPad, so I DO back up to iCloud from those devices. To be sure I don’t lose photos and/or iTunes purchases, I also back them up to a 500 gig stand-alone hardrive which is connected to my HP all-in-one desktop. This may be over-cautious, but you just never know!

Is that the reason I’m getting this message? Would you still recommend uninstalling the app? 

Linda Jones

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Try installing the program again using the original installation media

> or contact your system administrator

> or the software vendor for support

That "iCloud" software comes from Apple, not HP.

Just "uninstall" the software, using "Add/Remove Programs" within "Control Panel".

Reboot.

Run the "Apple Software Updater" -- probably installed on your computer when you first installed iCloud.

It will help you download the current version of iCloud, and install it.

Reboot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,106 41,358 4,515 11,829
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would uninstall the app. 

If you use it the Apple devices, great!

Why would you want an Apple server to have access to any data from your Windows device? 

I tend to keep Apple apps and data on Apple devices and Windows data, including photos, separate. That is just my own preference

I expect that the iCloud app appeared when you inadvertently clicked on an installer. It wouldn't appear or install autonomously. Since you back up your photos and iTunes purchases to a storage device, is there really a need iCloud on your Windows desktop?

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation