Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

won't wakeup after sleep on HP all in one pavillion 23-q162d

pavillion 23-q162d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

if the pc going to sleep (indicator power lamp blink)..then i hit the keyboard (indicator power lamp solid) but the screen did not wake up..stil blank...how to fix this issue

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@faridchem

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q162d PC. I read that the PC enters the sleep mode and when you hit the keyboard key, the display does not come back on. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I suggest to perform the steps mentioned under "The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode" from this HP document.

If the sleep mode issue continues then let us uninstall the graphics drivers and reinstall them:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "display drivers". Right click on the display drivers and select uninstall. 
  • Close the device manager. 
  • You may download and install the graphics drivers from this link.

If the issue persists then let us download and install the following updates on the PC:

NOTE: Please restart the laptop after each update is successful. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. In order to go through  the steps you have described I assume I'm going to have to hard reset first? In doing so I will lose all my unsaved data - correct? This is incredibly annoying. Any bright ideas?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation