Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Slimline 450-a24
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The items are OCZ- TRION 100 120GB SSD, HP System Recovery Disks. The desktop bios acknowledge the present of a 120GB OCZ SSD. So I try to install the OS. After 3 hours process, it failed to install.

The following window appeared

Summary: Found CTO Error Flag - Factory Image Capture failed

Error Info: 950,  Unknow process error

Last BTO: c:\system.sav\tweak\postpe\startFlC.bto

LastBTOLine: (32) - Did not complete Post-FPP WinPEphase

You must power down the system and restat the order

OK

I click the OK and press the power button, till it turn off.

Could there be limit on capacity size? When I use system recovery disks

Regards Redscarlett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Download Win 8.1 ISO (using a different PC running the same OS you need for this PC ) from Microsoft.

Create boot media. The installation will now succeed.

Install drivers from the PC's HP support site.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@redscarlett wrote:

Summary: Found CTO Error Flag - Factory Image Capture failed

.... Could there be limit on capacity size? When I use system recovery disks

Hi,

In this case, the new HDD/SSD must be at least equal (capacity) with the old HDD or larger.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien: thanks for replying quickly

I can't except that answer, because there is another slimline 450-a24ur with a 500GB drive. And every High Tech Company must keep cost low. Have two different Sytem Recovery disks is expensive, and may collect dust. Whether in USA or United Kingdom and somebody has that information label as Confidential.

Buying a 1TB SSD isn't worth it. So I'll try to change my 450-a24 to 450-a24ur and if it fail I'll say you is right about equal size drive. If it works it will Confidential.

Regards: Redscarlett

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Download Win 8.1 ISO (using a different PC running the same OS you need for this PC ) from Microsoft.

Create boot media. The installation will now succeed.

Install drivers from the PC's HP support site.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Greetings Jay_101

What a odd, but intelligent idea. It will take a long time, basic dsl, I'll get it a try Thanks

Regards Redscarlett

HP Recommended

Greetings,

You are welcome.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.