Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you have just replaced a motherboard and get this error:

1. Boot into this BIOS - Tap ESC or F10 repeatedly at power on.

2. File - Enter Time and Date.

3. F10 to Save and Exit.

4. Allow Windows to load.

5. Restart the computer and you should not have the error.

Side Note: If you're also seeing the 'Invalid Electronic Serial Number' error post motherboard replacement, see this forum post (with pictures:smileywink:).

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
I didn't change motherboard but I changed the Cosmo battery. It still show this error even I had updated and saved.
HP Recommended

Hi there @trdseal,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that your computer is still getting a Real Time Clock Power loss message.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Was the replacement battery new, and did you verify that it has a charge and there was nothing like a sticker or other insulating material on the battery to prevent an electrical contact?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
QT068BAW#AB4
HP Recommended
Cosmo battery is new.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, however when I search that model# you posted it is not pointing to one device but about 50. There may be a typo in the model you posted. Please double-check, or you can also give me any other product identifiers you can find on the computer.

Were you able to check that battery to make sure it is putting out the right voltage? Sometimes even a "new" battery may not be good, either due to storage time or conditions, or a defect.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

QT068AW#AB4 should be the right one

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. That came up as a HP Compaq 8200 Elite Ultra-slim PC Commercial model.

Did you check the contacts for the battery on the board, and verify it is putting out its rated voltage?  Assuming you have and the issue remains then, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.